Sunday, November 4, 2012

Through The Looking Glass

As I sit here on the couch. Watching football. Recovering from one of my best friend's, Michael Murphy's, wedding.  I am able to have the chance to fully reflect on the last twelve months. And how life has unfolded for me.

A year ago I was let go from a job that I thought was my dream job. It was my bad. I deserved it. However. This ended up being a huge blessing. It gave me the free time to get my life back together. It got me out of a lifestyle that was not going to end well. I cut back on drinking. Found a new passion for working out. Lost 30 pounds. More importantly I was able to find the clarity of mind to clean up the inside.

I had become a person that I never wanted to be. I was all about me and how good I could have things go for me. I apologize to all of my friends that I hurt because of this. I am not that person anymore. Thank goodness. Moving forward I want to continue to grow and develop as a person. Should be fun considering I turn 30 this year.

My first 29 years was lived with the combined mindset of go big or go home and you only live one. I hope that next phase has more of the mindset of do it right. While I was observing the events of the wedding last night. I realized that it is the quality of memories you make. Not how many you make. And that they aren't any good if you don't actually remember them.

I am begin a journey back home tomorrow. Home being Eastern Washington. I start a job that will allow me to develop as a professional. And refine my self as a person. I get to go back to a city I love. I only hope it goes as well as I see it in my head.

To be continued...

No comments: