Day one wrapped up with a night's stay at the Hotel de Tree in Omaha, Nebraska. Omaha is one of my favorite places. Ever. Spent six months living there while interning with the Men's College World Series. Met a fellow Washingtonian who became a good friend, Kevin McGree. You can follow him on Twitter, @TheTree he is great with tech stuff. I also met a local, Sean Purcell, who became me cousin? He's on Twitter too @Sean_Purcell. I had dinner with both of them. Before spending the night on Kevin's couch. With his cat Fenway.
Day two has me heading north in I-29. Straight into a thirty mile an hour wind. Great for the fuel economy. Oh well. Headed to Sioux Falls to link up with I-90. Yahoo.
Rest stops in Iowa are awesome. Most have free WiFi. Which allows me to post from my blog on my tablet. Update my offline playlists on my iPod, and generally take a break and enjoy the trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment