Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why Varsity Blues Is Still Relevant

Varsity Blues. Just about everybody in my generations favorite movie. Or at least in their top ten. Great movie. It made you laugh. It made you cry. And it probably turned you on. It is also one of the movies that, at least my male friends and I, love to quote and reenact every chance we get.

It is funny how little things from that movie keep appearing in life. For example. Last night I was invited out with some co-workers from FireHaus. Not just out, but out to an apartment party. All I kept thinking to myself was, "Am I about to be on America's Funniest Shots of People Gettin' Hit In The Nuts?"

Last night I relaized that apartment parties have not changed at all since I graduated. But, as a 28 year old, I did not feel that out of place with the rest of the party crowd that was in their early 20s. Probably helped that I was invited and didn't just crash the party. Or that I was so willing to rip shots of Burnett's Vodka. Straight. Multiple times.

Beer pong still abounds. Music is still played way too loud. There is still someone that will act like Billy Bob. And yes. We all would steal a police car if we had the chance.

No comments: