Thursday, February 10, 2011

Once Again, Here I Stand

A year and half later, I decide to check in.

First off, I no longer live in the great state of Washington. I have made the return to the Midwest, even back to Illinois. I currently find myself living in Danville, Illinois. For those of you that don't know, Danville is on the Illinois-Indiana stateline about 80 miles west of Indianapolis and 35 miles east of Champaign.

What brought me here, you ask? Well, my good friend from graduate school, Kyle Bent, was hired as the Head Women's Basketball Coach at Danville Area Community College. He called me back in late July and asked me to join his staff as his lead assistant. So here I am, in the middle of the corn fields, coaching women's college basketball. And it is a lot of fun.

After my last post I was able to land a full time bartending/bar manager gig at Zeppoz, in Pullman, Washington. Yes, I returned the great city of Pullman and spent a wonder year and some change there. The one thing that I really learned from that time is that I thouroughly enjoy working in the bar industry. Something I will continue to do for much of my life. Which in turn, has led me back to Fire Haus. A bar on the campus of the University of Illinois where I worked during grad school as a doorman. Now, I manage.

Hopefully, now that I am settled in for a bit, I will be able to get back to the random postings that this blog was intended for.

No comments: