Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ramblings From The Gym

As some of you may remember, I used to post FB status updates all the time of the random things I saw in the gym. Well, the internet is not that great nor is the service in my new gym so they don't always get through. Here are some of my favorites from the last month of working out.

The dude that is trying way to hard to be a bad ass. I dont care that you are going through a midlife crisis right now. Wearing a wife beather that is four sizes too big, bringing a protein shake, a nitrogen booster, and who knows what else in a different water bottle does not make you cool. Neither does slamming the weights down and yelling obscenties at the weights like you just won a world title.

The older gentleman that was walking on the treadmill and decided that you were too hot and needed to take off your sweat pants. I have no problem with you working in your shorts. But next time, please remember to keep those on. I do not need to see you walking in your underwear for five mintues.

There is nothing wrong with two men discussing basketball in the locker room after playing basketball. I just get a little concerned when they are naked. And discussing women's basketball. Just strikes me as odd. Yes. I do coach women's basketball. Yes, I do dicuss women's basketball with other men. Yes, I am naked at times. I just don't combine them.

And finally. To the older gentlemen that get all out of sorts when a younger (still middle aged) attractive woman comes in to workout. She looks like she is in better shape than all of you. I'm sure she doesn't need your tips, or want your tip. Did you also happen to notice the rock on her finger? I know that rings don't plug holes. But seriously. Quit sitting on the equipment I am trying to use to work out with, and leave her alone.

That is all.

No comments: