Saturday, December 24, 2011

Workout Tips Learnt the Hard Way

Here are some random things to consider when working out:

1. Get a cheap digital watch. This is great for keeping yourself on pace. When lifting, I love to use mine to keep my rest period at a minute between sets.

2. Don't be afraid to try something new. I have. I love it. But. Research it. Make sure you have both the right form and equipment to do it properly. An injury can really hurt your training.

3. Ask for help. Need help trying something new? Squeezing out one more rep? Just ask. People in the gym are more than happy to help you out.

4. Take advantage of technology. There is an app for that. Seriously. Google new workouts. YouTube proper form.

5. Get the right nutrition. Make sure you are getting enough calories. Make sure you are getting the right calories. Again. There is an app for that. Maybe you need better post-workout nutrition. Maybe you need a pre-workout. Maybe something for during your workout. It makes a difference when you have the right nutrition.

6. Sleep. Let your body rebuild.

No comments: